Less than two weeks to go!
An international fleet of 30 yachts will line up for the start of the non-stop Sevenstar Round Britain and Ireland Race on Monday 23rd August 2010:
- Non-stop course 1,802nm around Britain and Ireland
- Most competitors are taking part for the challenge but some, like ICAP Leopard, will be out to break another record
- Follow the fleet via the online tracker and play the Virtual Sevenstar Round Britain and Ireland Race Game
- 30 yachts representing 7 nations (Spain, France, Sweden, Italy, Slovenia, Austria, Great Britain) to date. Crews from many more...
- Largest entry from one country: 16 x GBR, 4 from The Netherlands
- 3 x Volvo Open 70s
- 1 x IMOCA Open 60 (2006 Race Line Honours Artemis Ocean Racing)
- 2 x Class 40s
- Competitors ranging from world champions, racing ‘rock stars’ to newcomers to the sport
- Crews include veteran RORC offshore racers with 25 Fastnet Races under their belt to groups of friends and family
- Young talent – Class 40 Concise, British Keelboat Academy’s TP 52, John Merricks II and the team on Relentless on Incisor
- Largest: record breaker – Mike Slade’s 100ft Maxi – ICAP Leopard (GBR) with Sam Davies racing on board
- Smallest: J 109 Arethusa (NED), Ostar 35, In Direzione Ostinata e Contraria (ITA)
Media doucment, News, Entries, History etc can also be downloaded as a pdf from: http://sevenstar.rorc.org/contact/media.html